Why should I hire an Interior Designer?
To save money - without having to sacrifice a beautiful, functional space! It may seem like an oxymoron because you're going to have to pay an additional fee for the design service, but the truth is that hiring a designer can help you avoid costly mistakes such as choosing furniture that is too big or too small for your room, or selecting a paint finish that you end up hating and need to repaint.
Hiring a designer also grants you access to ‘trade-only’ showrooms + vendors, exclusive pricing and the ability to see the design via a mood board or 3D Rendering BEFORE committing to and purchasing anything.
How do I prepare for my consultation?
- Prepare a design wish list outlining everything you’d ideally like handled in your interior design project. For the most efficient use of your budget, it’s best to prioritize this list based on importance.
- Spend some time thinking about what you’re willing to invest in the project so you can share this budget with us.
- Of the rooms you’d like Kristell Interiors to work on, decide which furniture pieces you’d like to keep, if any, as well as what you like and dislike about the room.
- Have inspiration images or a Pinterest board ready to be viewed, so that we can determine the style you’re attracted to.
- Establish a timeline; more specifically, when you would like everything completed by. We will inform you if it is a realistic and doable deadline.
What will my project cost for furnishings (not including the design fee)?
This varies depending on the level of detail, complexity and custom pieces that you wish to have. If you have a specific budget in mind, we are more than happy to prepare a proposal stating what we can offer, keeping within your budget.
On average, our "decorating" projects typically range from 4-6K to completely furnish and paint one room. Our "custom" design projects (built-ins, basement remodels, etc.) have ranged from 20k-50k+.
What can I expect to pay for Kristell Interiors design fee?
Our design fee is always a flat rate, plus any applicable mileage/parking/toll costs.
There are seven A La Carte services that you can choose from - to essentially build your own design package and price. Your selections will determine what the flat design fee will be.
The A La Carte services are:
- IN-HOME CONSULTATION + PROPOSAL
- DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- REALISTIC VISUALS
- SHOPPING LIST
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- STAGING + POLISHING
Click here to see the "starting at" pricing for these services.
Do you design residential or commercial interiors?
We design all residential interior spaces including: basement remodels, foyers, bedrooms, living rooms, home offices, home gyms, laundry rooms, playrooms, nurseries, kitchens and bathrooms.
We also design boutique commercial interiors (including, but not limited to: lash suites, hair salons, waxing suites, office suites, reception and waiting areas)
How long will it take to complete my project?
On average, our decorating projects take roughly 2 months from the very beginning to the final staging day. Our renovation projects can take anywhere from 4-8+ months depending on the project complexity and contractor's availability.